This document was created using a Contractology template available at http://www.freenetlaw.com.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies.
In Internet Explorer, you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. In Firefox, you can adjust your cookies settings by clicking “Tools”, “Options” and “Privacy”. For further information on refusing cookies please refer to:-
PC or Mac Browsers.
- Internet Explorer.
- Safari OSX.
Blocking cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of some websites.
Cookies On Our Site.
http://www.penninetroutfarmandfishery.co.uk uses the following cookies on this website, for the following purposes:
- A cookie with the name .ASPXANONYMOUS" is created by asp.net anonymous authentication(http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/91ka2e6a.aspx ).
- Language - Used to record the default language for the website if it cannot be identified from your browser. In this case it is set to English.
- Authentication - This cookie is used as part of the ASP.Net forms authentication.
- DOTNETNUKE, dnn* - These cookies are used by DotNetNuke and the ASP.NET forms authentication and form state. (http://helpful.knobs-dials.com/index.php/Utma,_utmb,_utmz_cookies). If cookie DOTNETNUKE is blocked we will not recognise you have logged in.
- Portalroles - The portals role cookie is persistent but it only exists for 1 minute - and it's contents are encrypted as well as containing a portalid to make sure that they only apply for that portal. We use the expiry here as we want to be sure to refresh the users portal roles to pick up any alterations that may have occurred e.g. if an admin has added the user to new roles. There is no way to disable this cookie in the current release of the CMS software.
- Utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz cookies - These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. (http://helpful.knobs-dials.com/index.php/Utma,_utmb,_utmz_cookies)
- Nid,Pref -Google tracking and safe browsing cookies. Google’s NID and PREF cookies are set by browsers to protect users against known intrusive sites. If you arrive at one of these sites it allows your browser to take action or notify you. Users can stop these cookies being set by turning off their browser’s ‘safe browsing’ mode. (http://www.google.com/intl/en_uk/policies/privacy/).
- Determine which domain to measure.
- Distinguish unique users.
- Remember the number and time of previous visits.
- Remember traffic source information.
- Determine the start and end of a session.
- Remember the value of visitor-level custom variables.